Tower House Executive Guest House
- The room was very well furnished with many facilities. Indeed, it would put many high rated hotels to shame. Breakfast was cooked to order and very good value at £5.
- Lovely breakfast and room very comfortable. Staff very friendly, a little further from the racecourse we were visiting than expected but easy to arrange a taxi.
- Beautifully presented breakfast, delicious fresh food and all served with warm smiles.
- Lovely clean modern room. Large fluffy towels. Scrummy breakfast with great coffee.
- Everything! The room was spacious ,tastefully decorated and very well-equipped. Ground coffee bags much appreciated and a range of teas available! Immaculately clean bedroom and bathroom. Comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom with bathrobes, quality towels and lovely toiletries. Appreciated the nice touch of cotton pads and cotton buds provided. Breakfast ordered the night before (excellent range of options) was cooked to order - delicious and beautifully presented. I would thoroughly recommend this guest house. Thank you to all concerned.
- Great communication and instructions received prior to the trip. Staff were very accommodating. Room was beautifully decorated and presented. There was a large menu choice at breakfast. All looked extremely yummy. It was just a shame I didn’t have room to try more!!
- The four poster bed was super comfy, and the bath tub was luxury at its best
- I liked the homely feel about the place. Staff were so nice the rooms lovely and spotless. Beds so comfy
- Loved the cleanliness and teas and toiletries in room. Really liked the details and celebration of pontefract in rooms. Breakfast was wonderful ! Grapefruit already cut was an added detail that was most appreciated. Outstanding !
- Staff were friendly, attentive and welcoming. The room was spotless and we loved the complimentary toiletries x
- The room was very attractive with great attention to detail. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom modern and immaculate. Great towel and all the necessary toiletries. Coffee and tea making facilities and an iron and ironing board were provided. I booked the breakfast and was delighted. Good service, lovely table setting, great food. It was a 15 minute walk into town which was fine. The castle was very close. I ate in The Cobbler which was 5 minutes walk away and Id recommend it. It was a great location for me close to nearby nature reserves. I'd stay again.
- Clean, lovely lady, breakfast was amazing and great value. Room facilities was really good too
- Breakfast superb. You could not have put out or suggested anything more to the list provided. Location very central in Pontefract.
- Comfortable bed, well decorated and coordinated furniture & extremely clean.
- An 'up-market' guest house. Excellent facilities, lovely little 'extra touches', clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. A great freshly cooked to order breakfast. Great place.
- Clean tidy nicely decorated room with everything in there you need for an overnight stay.
- Easy to find, close to town centre and major routes. Very friendly helpful staff. Good, well maintained room. Great breakfast. Extremely good for price.
- Spotless, breakfast was lovely and the staff was very friendly
- Very nice breakfast. Made feel welcome. Very good for single woman, feel safe
- Room was large and very clean. Quiet inside at night. Good local meals to be bought locally.
- well made by mother and good hosting skills as well as owner being very friendly and lovely
- Homely clean comfy hotel with everything around you within walking distance, shops, pubs, food places.
- very clean and tidy friendly staff couldnt comment on breakfast we left early for work
Ferrybridge Services M62
Pinderfields General Hospital
Wakefield Register Office
Wakefield Magistrates Court
The Cobbler Pub Restaurant
Mama Mia Italian Restaurant Restaurant
Pontefract Castle Ski lift
Leeds Bradford Airport
Doncaster Sheffield Airport
White Rose Shopping Centre
Leeds City Train Station
Leeds Town Hall
York Train Station
- Ideally situated in the medieval town of Pontefract, famous for Pontefract Castle, Oliver Cromwell and Pontefract Race Course, and now for the ultimately modern Xscape. Rich in history and comfort, a stunning Victorian home restored to its original elegance, and offering FIVE STAR GOLD AWARDED accommodation. All our spacious rooms are beautifully decorated, en-suite and are fully equipped with shower/bath, soft fluffy towels and robes, luxury toiletries, trouser press and Flat screen colour TV/DVD. FREE WIFI. We offer Full English breakfast or Continental breakfast with the breakfast ingredients sourced locally. And we also hold the highest standards in hygiene by being awarded Five out of Five Stars (excellent) in the hygiene star rating certificate. Whether you are in Pontefract for business or on holiday or simply visiting this delightful town, you will find Tower House a real home from home.Check in times are 17.00pm to 21.00pm Check out time is 10.00am.
- Everything you could want for a wonderful stay. So much attention to detail. Friendly staff, clean, comfortable bed & amazing breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble. We would definitely stay here again & recommend to others?
- A 'cut above' your average B&B. Excellent facilities, lovely extra touches, clean, friendly - great breakfast. Rooms tastefully decorated. Staff were very friendly and polite. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order. Definitely a guest house which is prepared to go that extra mile to ensure its guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay. Close to castle - but a good 10-15 min walk into town centre.…
- Wow , where to begin !? 5 star all round from start to finish.. the gent that checked us in was really friendly, we had a twin room, great size big bathroom. Lovely decor, the attention to detail was great. Breakfast was fab, very well presented and very tasty... staff were amazing, the lady who owns the business was very proud of her wonderful achievements and rightly so, cracking customer service. Will definitely stay again loved it ,.. …
- Thank you so much for your fabulous review it makes all the hard work worth it. We look forward to welcoming you to stay anytime.
- Not keen on my room at all. I'm only 5ft 10 & the Mrs 5ft 2 and due to the slope as we were in the attic we kept banging our heads. Fire alarm woke us up but better safe then sorry. One issue , no expelia in the bathroom so unpleasant smells can waft around your room. Break fast was fine with a good host. Comfy bed. I never saw the other rooms but would never stay in the one I had again.…
- the host and staff very polite and welcoming the room I thought was more like a hotel room then a b and b. clean and tidy very well kept will stay there again. well worth the price I paid for the night only fault i had was the kettle in the room but that's just me as for road noise i slept well all night and did not hear a thing i would not say its midrange is say its top range for price…
- It was a pleasure to welcome you to Tower House and many thanks for your excellent review we do hope to be able to welcome you back in the very near future. Kindest Regards
Around 10 minutes’ walk from the town center, Tower House Executive Guest House in Pontefract provides award-winning bed and breakfast in West Yorkshire. There is free on-site parking and free Wi-Fi at Tower House. Rooms are stylishly furnished and have en suite shower facilities, with fluffy bathrobes, hairdryer and luxury toiletries provided. The double room also has a bath. Each room has a flat-screen TV with DVD player, telephone and tea and coffee facilities. An award-winning full English and continental breakfast is served in the elegant dining room. Three minutes’ drive from Pontefract’s Monkhill and Baghill train stations, this guest house is around 5 miles from both the A1 and M62. Pontefract Castle, Museum and Racecourse are all within a 5-minute drive.