Wentbridge House Hotel
The Great North Road
With a peaceful location, surrounded by century-old trees, this beautiful and historical 4-star country house hotel holds a Silver Award and 2 AA Rosettes. Quiet and relaxed, yet just a minute from the A1 road, the hotel is within easy reach of Doncaster, Leeds, Wakefield and York. In 20 acres of gardens and grounds in the beautiful Went Valley, Wentbridge House dates back to 1700. Since opening as a hotel in 1960, Wentbridge House has built an excellent reputation as one of the finest hotels in West Yorkshire. The hotel offers luxurious accommodation in unique rooms. The garden rooms are fully air conditioned with marble bathrooms and power showers. -
Con una ubicación tranquila, rodeado de árboles centenarios, este bonito e histórico hotel rural de 4 estrellas cuenta con un Silver Award (Premio de Plata) y 2 AA Rosettes. Ofrece un ambiente relajado, a sólo un minuto de la carretera A1 y muy cerca de Doncaster, Leeds, Wakefield y York. Wentbridge House data del 1700 y está emplazado en unos jardines y terrenos que ocupan 8 hectáreas en el hermoso valle de Went. Desde su apertura como hotel en 1960, Wentbridge House goza de una excelente reputación como uno de los mejores hoteles de West Yorkshire. El hotel ofrece un alojamiento de lujo en las habitaciones decoradas de forma única. Las habitaciones del jardín disponen de aire acondicionado con baños de mármol y duchas de hidromasaje. -
- Staff , cleanliness, welcoming , breakfast, facilities very good
- This is an excellent 4* hotel, comfortable, good food, fabulous breakfast and attentive staff. It is very conveniently placed for access to the A1.
- Very comfortable hotel with excellent food and a wonderful garden. Staff were very helpful.
- The staff. Every member of staff we encountered were friendly polite and happy. They gave us a free upgrade to a suite, which was huge and had a lovely view onto the garden area. Plenty of parking on site and the food was amazing Reasonably priced and e excellent quality.
- Great place with superb staff The room was airy and immaculate Breakfast is really good and made with fresh ingredients Dinner is highly recommended
- Was upgraded on arrival and had a garden view room away from main house. Room was stunning and spacious very clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was spot on also. Great location
- The mattresses were zipped together but on the room description it says it’s a king size mattress.
- It is our second visit to the hotel, fabulous, all aspects of Wentworth are perfect
- Ambience, position, quiet, location near A1
- If nothing else go to this hotel for the restaurant. Our waitress was Babs, who has been there 40 years. She was completely wonderful, a total delight. The food was good. and the wine delicious. Nice hotel. There was a wedding but they had been smart enough to keep the wedding away from everyone else. Lovely grounds.
- Hotel was beautiful and exactly as described . Special mention to staff who were all fantastic . ThAnk you for making our stay perfect. We will return
- Very pleased to have room upgrade and bottle of water provided.
- The room was brillant and overlooking the garden was a bonus
- Rooms were large, well appointed and very comfortable. Dining room excellent with top class service.
- Stunning location, extra friendly staff, nice little touches such as a free complimentary upgrade and chocolates in the room for my birthday. Delicious food and gluten free options. Room has a comfy bed and very good bathroom facilities.
- Beautiful hotel with pretty gardens, olde world charm and sophistication. Brasserie dining available for people who enjoy a more informal experience but we personally preferred the luxury of the restaurant.
- Lovely looking property and very welcoming.
- Lovely bedroom and luxurious bathroom. Staff very professional and friendly. Close to A1 for access, but right in the middle of quiet, beautiful countryside.
- No gym as advertised. Gym was offsite. Certainly would be better on invest in a small gym with a treadmill, cross trainer and weights
- Just the perfect hotel experience - easy access, parking, lovely reception, smart helpful staff everywhere, food just amazing - third time have stayed here on business and having stayed in hotels all over UK this is the best consistently quality experience - and excellent value for money - well done and please keep it up!
- Very friendly staff. Beautiful, comfy rooms. Delicious food.
- Excellent room size, breakfast and bed. Reception staff couldn’t have been more helpful
Ferrybridge Services M62
Pinderfields General Hospital
Wakefield Register Office
Doncaster Sheffield Airport
Leeds Bradford Airport
White Rose Shopping Centre
Leeds City Train Station
Leeds Town Hall
- Beautiful Country house hotel set in 20 acres of gardens and grounds in the Went Valley within easy reach of the cities of Doncaster, Leeds, Wakefield and York. All bedrooms are individually designed with hand-made mattresses, free fibre Wi-Fi and Molton Brown bathroom products.
- This has become a favourite return venue for when we're shopping in the region. It's a class hotel with well appointed rooms in a convenient spot close (but not too close) to the A1. Reception is supremely efficient with friendly staff throughout the hotel. We've never been disappointed with our rooms which have overlooked the grounds. You're left wanting for nothing with all of the essentials and more with a fridge, coffee machine and iron included. Rooms are air conditioned with flat screen TVs and excellent parking facilities close by. It's a short walk to the superb restaurant where both dinner and breakfast never disappoint. Again the staff are friendly and efficient and nothing is too much trouble. Thanks for another great stay. See you again soon!…
- We came for the night to celebrate my girlfriends birthday and we were blown away with the care, thought & attention to detail provided by the staff in this magnificent venue. The food was excellent (fish pie was delicious), as was the service and environment. Great drink selection too- being gin lovers we really did have too much choice! The room we stayed in was beautiful! Beautiful views of the fields behind where we could see rabbits and Hares running free. The drawing room was warm cosy and very welcoming. We could have drank in those chairs all day and night! Will be returning as they have a lot of events involving local Yorkshire products which is great to see! So many reason to return! …
- En route north on the A1 this hotel provides a pleasant contrast to the neon lights and fast food typical of roadside retail outlets. Easy free parking, close to the entrance, good WC facilities, a warm welcome and a fast brew of tea - perfect. Surprised no cake available mid-after afternoon but biscuits offered in lieu. This seems like a well-run 3 star hotel and I would be happy to try a meal and/or overnight stay.…
- We stayed here for one night for a wedding. The room was beautiful and really spacious. We also had air con which was a delight as the hotel was way too hot and stuffy. An espresso machine was also in the room. The only negatives I could find with the room was the sun light entering through the window behind the curtains in the morning. I think wider curtains are needed to avoid this issue. And the toiletries- Molton brown- are a nice touch, but the miniatures are not sufficient for two people to share. The breakfast was really good too. I have to say the older lady who served us our breakfast was really lovely, joyful and helpful! The drinks are quite expensive at the bar, and later on in the night, they ran out of ice! Not quite what you’d expect from a place like this! Overall a lovely hotel and I would recommend. …
- My husband and I stayed at the hotel on their Sunday night package to celebrate his birthday. We’d booked a deluxe room but on arrival were given a complimentary upgrade to a garden suite (which has happened on previous stays too). You get a lovely bit of cake and a juice shot whilst checking in and then we had mini bottles of fizz in our room (which was part of the package). We had some time to kill before dinner so we took advantage of our spacious room and ordered another bottle of Prosecco to have in the room. This arrived promptly and with a big smile and from the lovely girl who brought it up and did the honours for us. Slight down point was the £5 tray charge, which I know is common place for room service, but seemed a bit steep for the 2 minute walk from the bar. We’d booked a table for dinner and went down early and enjoyed drinks in the lounge. The same waitress who’d brought our room service gave us great recommendations on a different G&T to try as my husbands usual brand/flavour wasn’t available. Dinner was, as always, delicious. Soup to start followed by Chateaubriand and a cheese board for dessert. We enjoyed a great nights sleep in the very comfy beds and I love the good selection of Molton Brown toiletries which is a lot more than the usual shampoo and shower gel. We had breakfast included in our DB&B package so were down in good time to take advantage. There’s a really good selection of cooked options and a decent enough continental spread for the size of the hotel. Second slight negative here was they seemed very understaffed at breakfast, we timed it just right but whilst we were eating the restaurant filled up fast (we understood there had been a big party the previous night and clearly the hotel had been quite full) and there were only two staff struggling to cope with all the people. Tables weren’t set and people were having to wait a long time for service which made it feel a bit tense. Not sure if staff had called in sick but the hotel must of known how many people were staying so should have put more staff on to deal with them. Like I say our experience was fine as we beat the rush but if we’d been 15 minutes later my review would probably have been a bit less favourable. On the whole we had a fabulous stay and it will continue to be our go to treat for a celebratory night away. Many Thanks …
With a peaceful location, surrounded by century-old trees, this beautiful and historic 4-star country house hotel holds a Silver Award and 2 AA Rosettes awards. Quiet and relaxed, yet just a minute from route A1, the hotel is within easy reach of Doncaster, Leeds, Wakefield and York. Set on 20 acres of gardens and grounds in the beautiful Went Valley, Wentbridge House dates back to 1700. Since opening as a hotel in 1960, Wentbridge House has built an excellent reputation as one of the best hotels in West Yorkshire. The hotel offers luxurious and unique rooms. The garden rooms are fully air conditioned with marble bathrooms and power showers.