Kings Croft Hotel
Wakefield Road Pontefract
- Lovely all you can eat breakfast.... Lovely size room and very comfy and good value for money for the room we stayed in.... Lovely location and even though there was a wedding on when we were there it wasn't noisy at all considering we were just above it. Definetly will be back.
- The hotel is set within picturesque gardens with great views of the countryside. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. Our room, with en suite was large and very modern. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was extremely clean.. The town centre or racecourse can be reached by taxi for £3. We ordered a takeaway meal ,which was delivered to the door and was ideal.
- Nice and easy, being able to help yourself. Good quality produce and a nice choice. We liked the mushrooms, ie they weren't ( I don't think) tinned.
- Lovely historic building with beautiful views across nice gardens out to countryside. Comfy rooms. Very nice bathroom. Good dinner and breakfast. Friendly staff
- I have stayed many times and always find this hotel excellent.
- The chalets are lovely and the setting beautiful
- Beautiful grounds and view Restaurant food lovely Room lovely (free upgrade to deluxe room)
- Executive bungalow (28) . Room with a view . Beautiful. Balcony to sit out with Ma gin and tonic in the evening & a coffee in the morning. Room had everything you could need . Really comfortable bed . Breakfast was lovely. Self service week days .
- The staff were really accommodating, the restaurant is beautiful and the grounds even more so
- Shower was good and hot. Bed comfy. Staff are pleasant. It's a nice environment. Salmon and egg for breakfast was just the right size.
- Room 2, Four poster bed . Beautiful room , large bathroom . Fan , iron , ironing board . Tea /coffee facilities. Biscuits and sparkling water in room . Large flat screen tv . Beautiful view of grounds . Breakfast was cereal, yogurts , fruit juice , tea , coffee then choose from hot menu. Full English was lovely with poached eggs . Good quality ingredients. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again . Three pounds in a taxi to pontifract races .
- The setting was very pleasant and the dining room attractive.
- Staff were very welcoming and the views this morning were stunning drinking coffee on the room veranda😊
- Lovely setting, rooms very comfortable, food generally good
- The hotel is set in great surroundings, the room was lovely, very clean & quiet
- Executive bungalow rooms are excellent, particularly when the weather is good as you have your own veranda, seating area with excellent views and parking directly opposite. A short walk to the main hotel so might need an umbrella if raining and /or coat if cold. Modern, clean and well equipped rooms giving excellent value for money!
- Noting comes close as value for money. I made 2 additional requests, both were not a problem.
- The food in the restaurant was simply superb. The views of the Yorkshire countryside are stunning. We were made to feel most welcome by all the people on site.
- LOVELY LOCATION, BRILLIANT ROOM, FRIENDLY STAFF
- Has had a refurbishment since I last stayed was pleasantly surprised at the improvement the room was nicely decorated
- We were given an upgrade as the hotel was quite quiet. The staff were really lovely. We had an evening meal in the restaurant and although quite expensive it was very enjoyable.
- Most things the meal was great steak night Best I’ve had for long time
- My room was clean and aerie, the shower was excellent, breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. The location was perfect for me, its on the outskirts of Pontefract but there is a bus stop approximately 100 metres from the hotel front door to get into the town centre. The hotel grounds look nicely landscaped and it is popular as a wedding venue.
Ferrybridge Services M62
Pinderfields General Hospital
Wakefield Register Office
Wakefield Magistrates Court
Leeds Bradford Airport
Doncaster Sheffield Airport
White Rose Shopping Centre
Leeds City Train Station
Leeds Town Hall
- If you’re looking for a family-friendly hotel in Pontefract, look no further than King's Croft Hotel. While staying at King's Croft Hotel, visitors can check out St. Giles Church of England (1.5 km) and Pontefract Castle (2.1 km), some of Pontefract's top attractions. Rooms at King's Croft Hotel provide a flat screen TV and air conditioning, and guests can stay connected with free wifi. In addition, while staying at King's Croft Hotel guests have access to 24 hour front desk, a sun terrace, and newspaper. You can also enjoy a lounge. Need a place to park? Free parking is available at King's Croft Hotel. When you’re feeling hungry, be sure to check out Tulsi Restaurant Ltd, Shuhag, and Shurma, which are some Indian restaurants that are popular with locals and out-of-towners alike. Looking to explore? Then look no further than Farmer Copleys (0.6 km) and Pontefract Town Hall (1.6 km), which are some popular Pontefract attractions – all conveniently located within walking distance of the hotel. The staff at King's Croft Hotel looks forward to serving you during your upcoming visit.
- I had the worst night I've ever had at this hotel. It advertises itself as "functions led" I didn't read this and if I had I wouldn't have realised its true meaning which is, to encompass as many events as possible with little regard for the noise levels and their effect on hotel guests. We stayed on a night two wedding receptions were taking place at the same time. Sleepless from the noise I went downstairs at 10.30 to ask the manager for another room. He was quite a sight, sitting at a reception desk between two rooms belting out their separate music selections at a level I thought was ear-splitting but he informed me "had been approved by Wakefield Council". We were given another room, not because he was in anyway bothered about flogging us a room not fit for purpose, but because "I was upset" and he had a cancellation. The hotel literature warns of possible noise disturbance so you've been warned. otherwise a loud, badly performed version of "My Way" is the least of the horrors you can expect.…
- Stayed for 2 weekday nights. On the first night there was a wedding below my room with loud music until midnight, the guests then hung around until 1:00pm making noise in the courtyard immediately outside my bedroom window. The staff didn't do anything about this until I went downstairs to complain. The second night there was a high school prom, again loud music until late in the evening. The building and rooms are pleasant, breakfast is ok, but there's no point staying at a hotel where you can't actually go to sleep.…
- Stayed here for my sons wedding. If they offer you room 9 refuse it. This is a box for a room. No windows very hot room. Bed uncomfortable. Heating thermometer and card holder hanging off the wall. No worth the cost. The room is also above the function room so didn't get quiet until after the disco finished at 1am…
- Lovely place, wonderful views. Room was a bit on the small side but nice walk in shower. Staff in dining room very hard working, had a meal pre wedding evening, it was really nice. Noticed the same staff through the wedding ceremony which went very smoothly. All in all well looked after, and really enjoyed our stay.…
- lovely family run hotel. great for any event,views to die for. food amazing but most of all is the staff,nothing is to much trouble. such a credit to the owners,well done.looking forwar to staying again.
With a popular restaurant and cozy bar, Kings Croft Hotel offers free parking and free Wi-Fi. Located just outside Pontefract, the hotel is a 5-minute drive from Pontefract Racecourse. The individual rooms at Kings Croft each have a work desk and a TV with satellite channels. Rooms have a mix of modern & traditional décor with modern facilities. A seating area and tea/coffee facilities are also provided. Set in a historical building, Kings Croft Restaurant serves a modern British menu and world wine list. The bar offers light meals, real ales and traditional carverys, and cooked breakfasts are served daily. Set in 8 acres of grounds, Kings Croft Hotel is surrounded by West Yorkshire countryside. The M62 motorway is a 5-minute drive away, and Wakefield can be reached in 15 minutes’ drive.