Barley Mow Hotel
- Nice comfortable bed and for the price an excellent deal.
- Near racecourse - staff couldn’t be more helpful- excellent breakfast
- Town centre location with parking. Excellent breakfast and excellent service.
- Well cooked hearty breakfast.good location for railway or racecourse.
- Breakfast was okay, and the location was not bad either. Patient, friendly and helpful male Greek member of staff who received me.
- The check in lady was very nice and was helpful when trying to understand about the payment via the booking website. The location was ideal as it was near all the shops and a Tesco nearby for any treats. The bus station was in a good walking distance too.
- Room was basic but met my needs, it was clean and comfortable. Close to all amenities. Breakfast was excellent and staff helpful and pleasant in manner.
- Close to work town centre location night shift worker but slept really well for it's location friendly staff and great help i will book again if i work in this area again thanks
- I liked the welcome from the owner and his wife who had taken on this property within the last 2 years. It is well presented having had something of a makeover and further improvements are ongoing. Friday and Saturday nights are music nights with some live acts playing. The only food here at present is breakfast which is good. Car parking is restricted at the front to an hour during the day but longer overnight, however there is additional parking around the back of the property but you have to go out of he High Street, down to the roundabout and back to the main road in order to slightly come back on yourself in order to access the rear of the building. There is a comprehensive range of beverages on sale.
- Nothing special parking at back of hotel
- The hotel was fairly priced and the manager/owner was very friendly and helpful, our breakfast was cooked to order and really enjoyed it.
- Good location for midweek stopover. Hearty Bfast
- Friendly Staff. Lively town at the front
- Staff very helpful and attentive. nothing too much trouble. As I own my own business people can sometimes be over critical. Would visit again, but not for another funeral I hope, as this stay was
- Bedroom was small but cosy and given the price and location was awesome. We felt part of the place from day 1.
- The landlord was very helpful and friendly
Ferrybridge Services M62
Pinderfields General Hospital
Wakefield Register Office
Wakefield Magistrates Court
Leeds Bradford Airport
Doncaster Sheffield Airport
White Rose Shopping Centre
Leeds City Train Station
Leeds Town Hall
- I recently stayed at the hotel for 3 nights whilst in pontefract on business and also stayed here back in November for 2 nights. The owner Alex and family are great people and help when needed. The hotels location is what initially made me book. I was travelling myself so wanted something close to local amenities and couldn't have asked for better. Lots of pubs and restaurants are within walking distance. Plenty of shops within walking distance. A Tesco a stone's throw away with an Asda and Morrisons close by too. Both of my stays have been midweek so can't comment on previous reviews saying is noisy but on my 5 nights have never found it noisy. Can definately agree with previous people regards the breakfast as it was great. Freshly cooked full English breakfast with toast, orange juice and tea or coffee for £5 cannot be beaten. This hotel is not the Hilton and is not priced as such. What it is, is a great centrally located hotel, clean, includes everything needed for a nights stay with a tasty breakfast the next morning. Hats off to the team for offering it a such a good price.…
- I booked a single room for two nights. Never been here before. Quite easy to find the Hotel by car and the rail station is about 500 metres away. I have to say that the owner, Alex, and his family were really nice, and very helpful. The room was clean and tidy, comfortable bed, the shower room was small but enough. Tea/coffee available. Sadly, the hotel is very close to other pubs and fast food outlets, as well as being next to a Taxi office. The consequence of this, of course, is the fact that the revelers, once the pubs have closed, go to the fast food outlets, then to try and get a taxi home, whilst making the noisiest racket you can imagine! On the Friday morning, the noise stopped at about 2.50 am! On the Saturday morning, the noise stopped about 5.00 am! Not really much can be done about the noise from the Hotel point of view, but perhaps double-glazed windows would help a bit, but I will never go back there. At the moment, I wouldn't advise anyone to stay there.…
- i asked if i could re book on another date as the function i was attending had been cancelled. i told the owner he could keep the money until a date was agreed for the new function. he declined my offer and said i would have to pay for this stay and another one but offered £5.00 discount when i booked again. as much as i understand his position he wasnt losing any money he was just changing my date. i thought this a little unfair. i also didnt know there would be loud banging music coming up through my bedroom floor and screaming women on the streets below my window. the hotel is situated in the market square near pubs and a kebab shop. he did say it would be noisy when i checked in, but by this time there was little i could do the room was tiny and dated. the noise from the pub was loud and the screaming from the streets was louder…
- the rooms were basic but all you needed..fresh clean bed..tea/coffee shower..The landlord and staff were so helpful from showing where to park to booking in to extra coffee to advising where to eat.Breakfast was more than value for money was excellent.The Landlord Alex was more than a host of the hotel he was a big part of the whole stay.Myself and 12 other were staying there as attending a funeral the next day.Alex took all this onboard to make sure our stay was as pleasant as could be. Parking at rear of property which is always a bonus.Everything in walking distance.Very central place. …
- So yo want an nice quaint hotel that is in town within walking distances to good food places and pubs etc. You want to have a good nights sleep, you want a decent breakfast cooked for you when you want it, not heated up when you get to breakfast. You want a bar, a big screen tv. In your room you will have plenty of room to put your stuff away and you will have a tv. Loo and shower in the suite too. You get all of this run by a dedicated family that want to look after you. With Barley Mow Hotel you get all of this. Ps. I couldn’t click on the ratings button for some reason so here they are typed instead. Service. 5/5 Cleanliness. 4/5 Value. 5/5…
Barley Mow Hotel is located in Pontefract and features a bar. The property provides karaoke and free WiFi. At the hotel, every room comes with a desk and a flat-screen TV. All guest rooms will provide guests with a closet and an electric tea pot. A Full English/Irish breakfast is available daily at Barley Mow Hotel. The nearest airport is Doncaster Sheffield Airport, 25 miles from the accommodation.